Need help removing monsters from party

General Discussion of the DEMO game ONLY please. Do not post spoilers here.

Moderator: Admin

craedus stonebeard
Orker

Need help removing monsters from party

Post by craedus stonebeard »

I allowed a Clay Golem to join my party early on but now I want to remove it. I can't seem to find the option to remove it. It won't allow me too remove it in the guild hall because its a monster. I can't find any option listed in the manual either. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Craedus
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Welcome, Craedus (perhaps again? -you're not fam w/ Appleton R ye?).

I sure thought the manual listed an option for d)is-missing a monster, but a quick look & I came up short as well. 4'2" 2B exact.

So mebe the easiest--or meanest--way is to stick his clay butt up front & go pick a fight. Allow him the time-honored, if brief, uh..honor of fighting for all! :twisted:

He'll think 2x B4 offering to join yer crew next time..

I never found any of the monsters to be much help other than for checking out their stats for future ref...anyone else find times when certain monsters joining truly came in life-handy? :?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Yep. I'm from Appleton.

thinks to self: "Hmmm, did I post to the forum in the days before the demo?"

Thanks for the idea. I'll try and kill off the Clay golem now that I know there isn't an option to "dismiss" it. Maybe that function can be on the list of things to do :)

I'm loving the new demo (2.0) I played it briefly when it first came out and I'm surprise at how much it has improved (It was awesome back then - even more so now.)

Once I get a good feel for all the party combos I'll be buying the full version (most likely today!)

BTW, thanks for the quick reply to my question!

Craedus Stonebeard.
craedus stonebeard
Orker

I guess I won't be buying the game after all. I have wasted 2 hours trying to order the game for online download (I now have 3 "orders pending" emails in my in basket) and everything fails at the "pay" screen at Paypal. I get the game in my "shopping cart" but when I go to pay I'm directed to a page that tells me to change my security to allow first party cookies to load. This doesn't happen when I use Ebay or half.com (I checked after trying to buy the game.) And I won't lower my security just because the web told me to.

My frustration and lost of time have convinced me to pass on the game no matter how good I think it is. My time is worth more. Unfortunate, because I was really enjoying the game. I just don't tolerate this kind of problem when ordering online.

Thanks for the demo though, it was fun while it lasted.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Before you give up altogether, try sending the devs an e-mail. I am sure they will try to help. :D
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Man, that sux!
But like Origen suggested--check with the devs to see if they can suggest an alternative/work-around..
try:
Customer Service
For prior order info and billing questions:
[email protected]

Understand your concern re: lowering your browser's security settings, but cookies are Very easy to delete...And hopefully you're running security programs such as Norton's AV, ZoneAlarm FireWall, SpyBot, Ad-Aware & such...you could always manually run such programs right after temporarily altering your brower's cookie/security settings.. Besides, I wouldn't count on the browser itself to provide much protection! Better to rely on dedicated (& non-M$ products!) security products. Just a thought :)

Hope it works out...there's lots of really fun/coolio stuff like item-creation which the full game allows.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Ok. Growler I took your advice the lowered my security for "just a second" and was able to finish the purchasing off the game.

I feel that Devil Whiskey is such a great game that I risked it. I'm downloading it now. I hope that I can carry over my characters from the demo. I could start over but I'm rather attached to the characters I have now.

Sorry about the previous rant. I feel better now that the full version is on the way :) besides, I have the editor to play with now :D

BTW how did you know I was from Appleton? Just curious.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Glad it worked out! :P

Now you'll get to (or soon) start crafting weapons & armors & such.. play Origen's BT mod & any others that may be out soon.. & edit/mod yer own adventures, or hyper-ramp up monster numbers like Stax does..

I kinda wish it was more obvious how to do it (or, better yet--if there were a built-in/auto 'import from demo/old game' feature), but good news is ya can xfer your demo party to full new game.

Just copy the file (it'll be a name you chose when starting the game) inside the 'savegame' folder over/into your new full game's 'savegame' folder.

That should do it...then launch the full game & your old/demo party should be available for selection.

I never tried it, but maybe the full game can be installed over the old/demo directory such that there's no need to copy any files over?? Can't recall what the default directory name was for the demo ver...but that might make it a bit tricky :?

Personally, I prefer a whole new installation...just in case there's any old corrupt file that doesn't get over-written, or some slight version change leads to incompatible files.

Appleton? Oh, jest a lucky guess.. 8)

Ok, I was curious if the name Craedus had any mythological refs, so I punched it into Googly & noticed Google had ya listed in an old DW Forum member page; not active, but in one of its quintillions of cache files. :wink:
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Ok, I transfered over my characters and I am currently in the cellars below (across from) the tavern.

Craedus Stonebeard is actually the name of the dwarven character in the serial "D&D" story that I've written. I have 83 chapters done. The name sounds cool so I use it for forums and my name in various RPGs on my PS2. The Craedus profile has also been used in the Heartfires fantasy story series and he is a frequent character in their stories too (with my permission of course.)

Thanks for the help Growler. You seem like a great asset to this forum.

Craedus
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

craedus stonebeard wrote:Thanks for the help Growler. You seem like a great asset to this forum.
Poor, misguided creature. :(
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

haha
"Have no way as way. Have no limitation as limitation."
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Ah, is there something I should know about Growler? :?
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

naw... just picking on him...
"Have no way as way. Have no limitation as limitation."
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Everyone needs that once in a while. Keeps 'em young :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

First off.. Craedus, sounds like you've done a Bunch of writing!
Is it posted somewhere we can read it?

Btw, Douglas has several D&D/Bard'sTale-style stories posted on his site under 'Fan Fiction' link:
http://www.bardstalk.com

Second, surprised (& a little disappointed) that Origen missed an op to parse his quote of yours & delete 'et' from 'asset'...butt Too late now, O-man!
:P

3rd: brief history: Origen started picking on yours truly, then we enjoyed many rounds of forum-jousting until one day he cried 'Unkle', waved a white flag, & surrendered--begging for a truce. Which Growler gallantly, but a bit cautiously, accepted.

But every once in a while Origen breaks his own begged-fer truce..

Yet I forgive him each time cuz he's worked so long & hard on a rather sweet Bard's Tale I mod.. :wink: